Thursday, November 13, 2014

Week 13: Famous Last Words

This week has been such a crazy week! In this class, it was a really good week for me. Usually, when I send in my first draft of my storybook stories, I end up having a lot of revising to do with it, but this week I had hardly any! It felt really good to finally get the hang of the story and to figure out the direction I wanted to go with it... even if it is towards the end of the project. I have really enjoyed this storybook project because it is so much different than anything I have ever done in a class before! It has really brought out a more creative side of me, and has definitely helped me with my writing skills. I honestly cannot believe that this class is coming to an end already. This semester has flown by so fast! Sometimes I wish time would just slow down. I have been enjoying every minute of my junior year, because I know how quickly the rest of the year is going to go by! It is exciting, but also scary, to think about life after college. I'm not sure if I am ready to go out into the real world already! Anyways, outside of this class, this past week has been pretty stressful for me. I have had multiple tests, and I am studying for my GRE exam that I am taking next week.. so keep your fingers crossed for me! It is the last thing I need to do before I finish my application for OT school. I also just declared a second major, Human Relations. I decided to go with this major because I am one of those people that really wants to work hands on with people in my future career. If I don't get into OT school this year, then I will be able to graduate with a Human Relations degree, and hopefully find something that I love doing with that, and then apply again later on to OT school.

Photo Information: Deviantart

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I know what you mean. Each semester it seems like there is no end to the work and by the time we get to the end of the semester it is always nice to finally get to the end of projects. Like you I always have a ton of revising to do and most of the time I am like "Oh lord, why did I choose English-Writing as a major, I hate reading and hate wirting" of course which is not true because I actually love it, I hate the revising. Now that is the worst part of it for me. So to get to the end of this project and finally get to see the outcome of the work is really rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, I had the same situation! I barely had any revising to do and I was so proud of myself. I am really excited for you that you have started to get your story to go in the direction you desire. I am sure that is a great feeling after having worked on it for so many weeks now. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Alyssa! It is awesome that you did not get as many corrections for storybook project this week. I still have not gotten a grasp of the storytelling process just because English is not my strongest subject so I always a bunch of errors to fix. I wish you luck for test next week that you are studying for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the exact same way this week about my Portfolio!! Usually I feel like I have sooo many revisions to make and this week Professor Gibbs had a lot of really really nice comments so it definitely made me happy! I completely agree about the semester flying by! It's pretty insane for sure. Good luck with getting into OT school!

    ReplyDelete