Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 9: Famous Last Words

I'm not going to lie, this week has been a tough one! Coming back from OU/TX, I had a slow start with all of my homework and assignments this week. Thankfully, for extra credit I can catch up on my points from missed assignments! One of the reasons why I love this class so much is because there is a lot of freedom to do what you want with your blog. It is also so exciting to me when I see page views and comments on my blog and knowing that people are actually reading what I am writing! I love that there are only the basic criteria for the blog posts, and the rest is up to our creativity. This class has really helped me to expand my mind, and bring out the more creative side of me. Since I am majoring in the health field, I don't have to do much writing for my classes, so this class has definitely helped me work on my writing and grammar skills. Looking back on all of the work we have done this semester, it is really cool to look at the progress made with each week and to see our blogs and storybooks change, grow, and become better! Even though this week was a tough one for me, I definitely plan to get back on schedule next week and work harder! I am really excited for this weekend because it is finally the homecoming game! We get to walk with our float in the homecoming parade before the game, which is always one of my favorite things to do! I love getting to see all of the different floats each year, it just amazes me what people can actually do with some paper and some wire! The homecoming pep rally is friday night, which is also always a blast! Even though we are cheering for our specific houses or groups to win the competition, we are all ultimately one and are rooting for the same team! BOOMER SOONER!


Image Information: Personal Photo: Alpha Chi Omega, Sigma Chi, and Kappa Sigma's homecoming board

1 comment:

  1. Since I have already read and commented on your intro post I thought commenting on this post would work great. I totally agree with you on how awesome this class is when it comes to having bad weeks and being able to make up the points. Also, the feedback we are given through the professor and the other students have greatly improved my writing and creativity skills I think as well! Although I got to say I am not much of a storyteller, I like how much freedom we are given to tell them however we want in a sense. By the way I love the homecoming board image you included! I did not have the chance to walk down the south oval to see them all like I had been able to each year here at OU so I really missed seeing the creativity gone into those! Hope you had a great time at the homecoming pep rally!

    ReplyDelete